25 Very Random Facts About Me
I wholeheartedly believe that good writing comes from life experience. I have lived a life like no other. Here are 25 really random facts that help you get to know me.
- I am related in some very distant way, to Steven Tyler.
- I have never gone fishing or ice-skating in my entire life.
- I once had dinner with Benicio Del Toro.
- I have a thing for reading (aloud) partially-lit signs with a letter of the sign out.
- According to a 5th grade essay, my biggest dream was to be a writer. According to little me, I wanted to “draw the pictures too.” The header image above ^ ^ is that report.
- I have six tattoos (so far) and the first was prompted by a “devastating” heartbreak from an American Idol contestant.
- I could live on popcorn alone. I could also eat Sushi or Mexican (I believe my devil inside wears a sombrero) any night of the week.
- I was a Math major for most of college, but graduated with a BA in Sociology and minor in Pre Law. No, this is not a logical progression of study.
- I once modeled with Fabio (the “I can’t believe it’s not butter” guy).
- I attended a milestone birthday party for Arnold Schwarzenegger. I also was a guest to Kristen Bell’s engagement party at random, pre-Dax Shepard. I get invited to things I have no business being at.
- I do not eat olives (yes, I am Italian).
- I have two nephews and one niece all beginning with “E.”
- I ran a blog called “Hollywouldn’t” and chronicled things like the LA Arsonist. Then I turned it into a pilot.
- I’m allergic to wool but wear it anyway.
- I swear I invented the mini coke can and have a letter to Coca Cola from me and my girlfriend in the 90s to prove it.
- My parents were high school sweethearts. I still catch them holding hands. Often.
- I once hid in a bush with a recorder when I was a newspaper journalist. It was not a thorn bush like the movies.
- I got in a car accident on an April Fool’s Day in 1997 and no one believed me.
- I am the mother a shih tzu named Dolce and a boxer named Cassius Clay.
- For the fellas: I am personal friends with Meg Chambers Steedle, Dianna Agron, and Jessica Szohr. Maybe one day I’ll get you an autographed poster. 😉
- I like to dance like a goofball, especially in a shower cap.
- I’ve lived in Hell’s Kitchen and Hollywood, just in the last three years. Hollywood was a second go-round.
- I adore classic rock, current rock, punk rock, nineties rock and country. (Stones, Killers, Rancid, Chili Peppers, Cash)
- I refuse to believe in dinosaurs, just because I don’t want to and not because this makes any sense.
- I attribute my wanting to be a writer to Stephen King, “Labyrinth” the movie, and Fahrenheit 451.